Friday, December 30, 2011

Run Away

 

I ran away to the beach today.

Well, I drove fast on the winding Lucas Valley Road to Limantour, playing sad Alison Krauss songs in an

Unsuccessful attempt to trick my steely heart into an overdue mourn.



The shaker is empty



Let the sea air salt my freshly peeled cucumber, teeth ripping into it whole, unsliced devoured in chunks unladylike-

I’m here at the source asking to feel,

To have crystalized mineral anger dump – I don’t want it anymore.

Here, you take it back.



I need no knife to cut the heel of the French bread loaf to pieces –

I can chew what my strong set jaw gnaws free.

The brie, or what’s left of it, smooshed in the bread pocket, unfancy.



I don’t have to be good.  I can practice bad poetry and gnash with my teeth

What I can’t seem to wail.

No comments:

Post a Comment