Friday, July 1, 2011

Solace

Sorrow



Picture after picture,

Click after click

The hummingbird sits

Waiting in perfect patience

Not leaving, until my distracted

Eyes return to my page of words,

My heart heaving out its

Long overdue tears.



Is she with You

Now, Dad?



Can my sorrowful

Worry for Mom

Stop?

Can I know

She is not Lost,

Not waiting

At some in between

Place we allowed her

To go to before you

Might have been ready to greet her and welcome

Her back?



Silence



Is it time to just miss

Her when random flickers

Of long-submerged memories

Scorch into my mind?

Is that her soothing

Her child’s sobbing heart?



Solace



The car waits nearby while I visit

Your grave;

Are those squirrels in the tree

A vision of the cheerful

Couple that you two are again?



Is the hummingbird on the

Willow branch a

Mother’s distraction

To soothe this teary mourning

Middle-aged girl?



Sorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment